With just 20 days to go, the race in HD-100 is now rated a “Toss-Up”
Hernandez also has 3 times more cash on hand
NORFOLK, VA — For the fourth reporting period in a row, Phil Hernandez has out-raised his opponent, Rob Bloxom, Jr. In the month of September, Hernandez raised over $258,000, ending the month with over $360,000 in cash on hand.
Currnently, the race is being rated as a “Toss Up” for the first time. This reflects the power of his grassroots support, with over 3,000 contributions under $100 compared to Bloxom, Jr.’s 6 contributions under $100.
By the numbers:
- Hernandezraised $258,264 — over 2:1 more than his opponent.
- Hernandez cash on hand is $363,971 — 3:1 more than his opponent.
- Hernandez has now doubled the record for most amount raised in a race for House District 100.
- Hernandez had over 3,200 contributions under $100 — compared to just 6 for his opponent.
- Hernandez average grassroots contribution (under $100) was just $6.20
Note: The Mirror has asked the Herndez campaign for a list of out of state donors, but has not received a response as of this publication.