Cape Charles Main Street (CCMS) is a part of the Virginia Main Street program, which is a preservation-based economic and community development program that follows the Main Street Approach by the National Main Street Center.
If you are someone who is passionate about Cape Charles and wants to get fully engaged in the revitalization efforts as a member of Cape Charles Main Street, please read on!
Our Board of Director’s is an 11 member, working volunteer board. We are seeking individuals to fill four openings for 2-year terms on our board. We have one opening on each of the following committee’s – Promotion, Organization and Design, and one newly created position as a Volunteer Chair. You will find more detailed descriptions of each of these positions in the documentation and the application which you can request.
Key Responsibilities for All Positions Include:
- To learn about and promote the purpose and activities of the local Main Street/Downtown
revitalization organization, and the Main Street Approach® whenever appropriate and
- To attend regular monthly meetings of the Board or to notify staff when absence is
- To actively co-chair one committee.
- To actively participate in specific activities or projects promoted by the Board which may
- recruiting membership and/or volunteers
- representing the program at meetings and/or events
- attending training and workshops
- To make an annual membership contribution
- To stay informed about the purpose and activities of the Main Street/Downtown program in order to effectively participate in Board decisions and fulfilling responsibilities.
Applications should consist of a completed application form and a short cover letter stating why you want to serve on our Board and how you meet the required skills and qualifications for your desired position. .
Please email obtain an application and return your completed application at email@example.com and in the subject line add: Application for Board Position.
Deadline for Applications will be Friday, January 3, 2020.
Interviews will be conducted in late January 2020 for qualified candidates.
We are excited to welcome new members to our Board starting February 10, 2020!