The Town of Cape Charles conducts a yearly review to compare the Town Harbor rates to other nearby harbors and marinas of similar size. The town attempts to set rates relative to what other marinas in the area are charging. The town also attempts to set rates to that do not drastically undercut rates charged by local, private marinas (Kings Creek).
Rate adjustment should be completed prior to end of calendar year, “giving annual and seasonal slip holders ample time to give notice on following year’s agreement and to notify the wait listed that slips may be available.”
Below are the Harbor Master recommendations:
• Maintaining 5% discounts for Town Residents and the 15% for commercial vessels.
• Adding fuel discounts $.05 per gallon for annual and charter vessels.
• Use vessel length for all annual and seasonal vessels including transient vessels.
• Annual, Seasonal and Quarterly billing to remain the same (adjustment for multiple payments). For example: Annual agreement for 40’ vessel currently
$63X40=$2,520yr. single payment $65X40=$2,640 yr. 2 pmts. of $1,300
$67X40=$2,760 yr. 4 or 12 pmt $670 or $223.33
Seasonal agreement for 40’ vessel currently $43.75 X 40=$1,750 for 7 months 1 pmt
• Maintaining no credit card fees using card on site Ingenico and standard 1% for cards on file with X-Charge
• Discount winter rate of $5.25 per foot per month (promoting rockfish season