The Board of Directors of Cape Charles Main Street (CCMS) announces a position
The Program Director is responsible for leading and coordinating programs, projects, and initiatives to revitalize historic downtown Cape Charles in accordance with the Virginia Main Street Four Points approach. Reporting to and in partnership with the Cape Charles Main Street Board of Directors, the Program Director oversees the operation of the organization and manages its strategies to achieve CCMS’s goals and mission.
The Program Director is a 30 hour per week, salaried, “at will” employee of CCMS directly accountable to the Board of Directors through its elected Board President.
Responsibilities are in the areas of Administration and Management, Community Relations and Communication, and Program and Project Management.
Minimum job qualifications are the possession of a Bachelor’s degree, three
• Experience managing committees and volunteers
• Knowledge of Cape Charles
• Knowledge of strategies to preserve the historic character and architecture of downtowns
• Experience with and/or knowledge in any of the following areas: economic development. small business partnerships, strategic planning, collaboration with local government and
• Skills in budgeting, computer database management, and public relations, as well as excellent verbal and written skills
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please send cover letter, resume, three current letters of recommendation and written responses to pre-interview questions to Program Director Search, Cape Charles Main Street, PO Box 567, Cape Charles, VA 23310 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pre-interview written questions can be obtained, along with a full job description, by request to email@example.com