If you follow the calendar of the Historic District Review Board, they are getting slammed with new and pre-applications for work and renovations in the Historic District. The last time we counted, there were over 20 applications filling the docket.
In some cases, folks either don’t know, or don’t care about the process of obtaining a Certificate of Appropriateness for work to take place in the Historic District.
Below is a list of complaints and current violations:
• 547 Mason Ave – Work stopped on exterior siding. Needs HDRB approval
• 614 Strawberry St. – Construction of house with windows that do not meet HDRB approval
• 509 Monroe Ave – New fence
• 527 Monroe Ave – New roof on front porch without HDRB approval
• 209 Mason Ave – Front glass change without HDRB approval
• 203 Madison Ave – removal of chimney without permit
• 616 Tazewell Ave – New fence