UPDATE: The Town is only allowing public comments to be emailed to email@example.com and they will be read aloud at the meeting.
An Emergency Ordinance of the Town Council of the Town of Cape Charles, Virginia, Declaring a Local Emergency and Disaster Created by the COVID-19 Pandemic; Appointing the Town Manager as the Town’s Director of Emergency Management; and Adopting Temporary Changes in Practices and Procedures, Public Meetings and Deadlines as Necessary to Address Continuity of Government Associated with the Pandemic Disaster.
March 30, 2020
Cape Charles Civic Center
This special meeting of the Town Council is being held electronically as provided under Code of Virginia Section 2.2-3708.2 Subsection A.3 which permits public bodies to meet by electronic communications without a quorum physically assembled at one location since, on March 12, 2020, Governor Northam declared a state of emergency for the Commonwealth of Virginia arising from the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
• The purpose of this meeting is to address the emergency and adopt Ordinance 20200330 declaring a local emergency and disaster created by the COVID-19 pandemic.
• An audio recording is being made of this meeting. This meeting is also being livestreamed on Facebook, as well as being video-taped for viewing from the Town’s website after processing.
• Public comments will not be accepted this evening.
• All votes taken this evening will be by roll call vote and recorded in the minutes.
• Any Council members who leave the meeting or arrive after start of the meeting must verbally note their attendance.
• Only essential business of the Town of Cape Charles can be done in this manner.
• These procedures will remain in effect until the COVID-19 crisis has been alleviated.