The government models used to predict the extent of the coronavirus pandemic are off by huge margins in the latest coronavirus tracking numbers.
The government predictions reported by the IHME Covid Tracking (https://covidtracking.com/data/ ) for Apr 5th were as follows:
– All beds needed: 179,267
– ICU beds needed: 33,176
– Invasive ventilators: 26,544
The actual numbers as recorded at The Covid Tracking Project:
– Actual hospitalizations: 22,158
– In ICU: 5,207
– On ventilator: 656
The actual numbers show:
Via Dr. Ned Nikolov.
– Overestimation of hospitalizations: 8 times
– Overestimation of of ICU beds needed: 6.4 times
– Overestimation of ventilators needed: 40.5 times
IHME — the official group Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx have been promoting cut their numbers by more than half.
Here is what the IHME NOW HAS for April 5th:
– All beds needed: Was 179,267 … Now is 90,353
– ICU beds needed: Was 33,176 … Now is 17,589
– Invasive ventilators: Was 26,544 … Now is 14,951
They cut their projections by almost half.