This was sent by email to the Cape Charles Mirror, highlighting citizen’s concerns about the growth and safety of our town.
Cape Charles offers its unique and wonderful beach to its residents and visitors but parking is limited. Safety and convenience must coexist.
Please consider the following:
1) golf cart parking only along Bay Ave.
2) golf carts park head in
3) no bicycles or vehicles of any kind on median strip along Bay Ave.
4) limit # of food trucks/stands/food carts permitted on Bay Avenue
This will create a second problem; where do the cars then park?
Please review how our sister beach towns have handled this problem: Dedicated parking lots with fees.
Full time CC residents would be exempt and have an annual decal to park for free. Rental properties could issue this decal to renters for one car per home.
Please consider the following for safety on the beach.
1) Personal watercraft is to remain 1000′ from shoreline IAW regulations set by the National Park Service, example Fire Island.
2) Exceptions would be the navigational channels leading to the Town Harbor and the Bay Creek Marina.
Enhances safety, noise reduction, pollution reduction.