In person absentee voting at the Northampton County Registrar’s Office, located at 16404 Courthouse Rd. in Eastville is scheduled for September 29 thru October 31 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
In-person absentee voting will be a little different this year due to new legislation and our continuing efforts vote safely during Covid-19 restrictions.
The new legislation allows voters to vote in person before the election without having to have a reason or excuse. So, voters will not have to fill out an application to vote in person, as was done in the past. Voters will now simply show their ID at the check in desk and then vote. New legislation has also ended the requirement to have a photo ID to vote. Your best bet is still a Virginia drivers license, which is valid even if expired. The voter ID list below details your other options.
Voter ID List (PDF)
Covid-19 restrictions are still in effect for the Northampton County Administration Building, so a mask is required to enter the building to vote. If you do not have a mask on, or if you are not wearing it properly, you will vote outside. This is not up for debate. On the porch leading to the voting entrance, you will see markers for social distancing. Your cooperation with these Covid-19 restrictions will help us run a more orderly election and keep the line moving.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR A GREAT EARLY VOTING EXPERIENCE
- Enter the building using the walk way that leads to the porch facing the Eastville Inn. There will be signs to help you.
- Wear a mask and bring a valid ID.
- We are still offering curbside voting. Please have your helper come into our office and show us your ID, and we will bring the ballot to you in the car.
- Please review the referendums before entering the office to vote. We are sworn to be impartial
and cannot help you figure them out.
- Likewise, any political speech or campaigning is prohibited in the office. You may wear campaign gear, but you cannot advocate for a candidate or party in the office.
- Don’t bring your dog or other pet.
- Please respect your fellow voters so we can all have an enjoyable time voting.