Public Hearing Reverse Angle Parking You asked for it and we are working hard to make it happen! We have been working diligently on parking in The Town of Cape Charles. And we are asking for your support!
Parking Phase I is moving to the Town Council and we need your supporting voice to be heard!
Please come out and show your support at the February 21st public hearing and Town Council meeting! There are two ways you can be heard and have your comments officially on the record:
1) sign up to speak at the public hearing (3 mins per person but you must arrive early to sign up)
2) send your comments via email to be read into the record to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/20.
Details of how we got here:
At our community input session about parking several months ago, we promised to keep you informed on the progress. After several joint parking working group meetings (comprised of the the Town of Cape Charles, The Planning Commission, Cape Charles Main Street & Volunteers and the CCBA), we are thrilled to announce that the recommendations for Phase I are on deck for 2/21 at 6:30pm at the Civic Center. It will begin with a Public Hearing and then be up for vote at the Town Council meeting. We have represented your voice thus far it is now time to stand up and voice your support for the Town Council to vote the following initiatives through:
1. Replace reverse angle parking with front end parking where reverse angle parking is currently located, and change the angle from a 60-degree angle to a 45-degree angle
2. Add parallel parking stripes on the north side of Mason Avenue between Fig Street and Peach Street
3. Add parallel parking stripes on the north side of Mason Avenue from Harbor Street to Bay Avenue
4. Add one handicapped parking space each in the zero block and 100 block of Mason Avenue
We look forward to seeing you at the hearing to show your support! Help us push this over the finish line at the Town level…we want to get the application to VDOT soon!
Please don’t hesitate to contact Shelly Gorman, CCMS Program Manager at email@example.com with any questions.