With summer just around the corner, two structures will be getting upgrades and additions to their porches. The Historic and Harbor District Review Boards met this week to review applications.
“Mrs. Crocketts”, which serves harbor master and client amenity functions for the Cape Charles Yacht center was the focus of an application for the construction of a 120-square foot porch at the location cited above. The proposed use at 1011 Bayshore Road, had been previously approved. Porch at entryway is to help protect from the weather.
An application has been received for a Certificate of Appropriateness from the owner of the property at 609 Mason Avenue, formerly the original site of Southeast Expeditions in Cape Charles. 609 is currently a single-family dwelling, converted from SE Expeditions shop. It contains “a commercial roll-up garage door on the primary façade, and is on constructed across contiguous conforming size lots.”
The 120 square foot screen-enclosed porch is meant to provide a new principal entrance to the building.
The structure will include a 10X10 shed roof, with asphalt shingles. It will be constructed using the existing knee walls.