In the wake of a successful community workshop launch, an exclusive invitation is extended to all stakeholders for the imminent Eastern Shore of Climate Equity Workshop scheduled for February 7, 2024. The input and perspectives of attendees are deemed invaluable in sculpting a locally driven blueprint for climate equity across the Shore.
- Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2024
- Location: Eastern Shore Community College, 29300 Lankford Hwy, Melfa, Virginia 23410
- Sessions: Opt for one of two identical sessions: 2 pm – 4:30 pm OR 5:30 pm – 8 pm
- Dinner: A sumptuous buffet available from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm
This collaborative effort, steered by the University of Virginia in tandem with influential local figures from the Community Advisory Committee – André Elliott, Karen Downing, and Cora Baird, is committed to nurturing cooperation and comprehension in tackling climate adversities on the Shore.
- Insightful Presentations: Focused on addressing community priorities concerning climate equity.
- Interactive Stations: Engaging setups fostering participation and learning.
- Resource Exhibition: Showcasing existing tools and resources pertinent to climate equity in the area.
The event is tailored for all ages, promising an enlightening experience, and participation is encouraged. Though registration isn’t compulsory, an RSVP by January 19 is kindly requested to aid in planning.
Attendees are urged to register for the workshop and are welcome to share the invitation and attached postcard with other potentially interested parties. In the event of an inability to attend, nominations for replacements are accepted, along with suggestions for additional invitees.
For further details or inquiries, contact ESVAClimateEquity@virginia.edu. Explore more about the project on the website and peruse the 2023 Winter Workshop Report.
The organizers express their enthusiasm in partnering with the community and invite all to partake in crafting strategies to enhance the Shore’s climate equity.
In conclusion, gratitude is extended for the time and consideration, with hopes of a strong turnout and active participation at the workshop!