Assistant Store Manager – The Storage Asset Management (SAM) team is passionate about self-storage and has over 40 years of experience in the industry. SAM currently manages over 200 self-storage properties throughout the United States, as well as several rental truck dealerships and The UPS Store franchises inside self-storage offices. SAM also provides training, consulting and marketing services for self-storage across the country.
With over 200 managed storage facilities, SAM is the largest privately-held management company. We are looking for motivated, driven people to join our team as we continue to grow!
This is an excellent opportunity for those with prior retail experience!
- As an Assistant Store Manager you will help manage the day to day operations of the self-storage facility by:
- Leasing storage units, accurately managing cash, pursuing past due accounts, accepting payments and processing daily bank deposits accurately and timely.
- Assistant Store Managers are our customers self-storage solution specialists that enhances their storage experience. We offer top quality merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving supplies for our customers to purchase.
- When not taking care of customers in the office, our Assistant Managers spend some of their time walking and maintaining the property to ensure the facility is kept to high cleanliness standards. Which includes cleaning storage units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general light maintenance duties.
- Some travel may be required to help assist other locations.
Benefits of the position:
Storage Asset Management understands the value of time off and work hard to provide our employees with work-life balance. Which means no late nights, major holidays off, and a great work schedule! Storage Asset Management offers an array of other benefits as well which include:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including bonus program
- Opportunity for advancement with a stable, and growing company
- Training and development
- Exceptional customer service skills a must
- Must be able to work day and some Saturday shifts
- Ability to perform light maintenance and overall property upkeep
- Experience in a leasing, retail, or operation environment
- Previous experience in sales or marketing with a proven ability to generate business and close leads
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be energetic and open to new ideas and direction changes
- A High School diploma /GED. College education a plus!
- Must be able to stand for several hours at a time and lift 25 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license with access to reliable transportation
- Background clearances, i.e., credit and criminal