Due to weather concerns, the Arlington House Site & Custis Tomb Lecture on the Lawn has been rescheduled.
The Lecture will take place next Sunday, Oct. 17 at 2:00 p.m. Lecture on the Lawn will be at the site of Arlington House and the Custis Tombs.
NHPS Lecture on the Lawn by Dr. David Scott on the subject Arlington House Site & Custis Tomb.
Sunday, October 10th at 2:00 p.m.
The Custis Tombs are located on Old Plantation Creek and Arlington Rd. (State Road 644) 4 miles south of Cape Charles or 2157 Arlington Chase Rd, Cape Charles, VA 23310.
- From U.S. 13 in Cape Charles, travel south for 3.6 miles.
- Turn right on Arlington Road/ Rt. 644.
- Follow the signs to Custis Tombs as the road winds for 2 miles (Arlington Rd becomes Custis Tomb Rd).
- Turn right as Custis Tomb Rd becomes Arlington Chase Rd.
- Park in the marked parking lot for the Custis Tombs, which is a small, grassy gravel lot bordered by old telephone poles.
Custis Tombs, also known as Custis cemetery at Arlington, is a historic family burial ground located near Cheapside, Northampton County, Virginia. It consists of two tombs surrounded by a poured concrete platform raised a few inches above ground level. Wikipedia