The Cape Charles Town Council voted to adopt the new Community Strategic Plan. Eight people submitted comments regarding the plan, however, most were dismissed by Council.
The goal of this new approach is to help with long-term planning by providing a “more aspirational” design plan that will rely more heavily on citizen opinions and involvement.
Annual surveys will play a large in role in the mix, including gathering input on the community’s small town chararcter, and beach maintenance.
Community Strategic Plan Goals
• To retain the small-town character of Cape Charles
• To maintain the authentic character of the historic district
• To protect and maintain the beach
• To protect and maintain the harbor
• To plan for coastal resiliency
• To protect and improve public green/open space infrastructure
• To retain and expand businesses in a business-friendly environment
• To advance a variety of housing options for younger families and workforce
• To meet our residents’ expectation for Town services