Riverside Health System is offering a free prostate cancer screening event on the Eastern Shore. The screenings will be performed by Jack W. Lambert, M.D. and several team members of Riverside Urology Specialists and the Riverside Cancer Center. Each screening will include a questionnaire in addition to a physical exam and a blood test which will be done safely and in compliance with COVID-19 safety protocol.
Community members who would benefit from having this screening:
- Men at average risk, aged 50 to 70 and currently in excellent health
- Men at high risk including:
- Men aged 40 to 70 with more than one first- degree relative who has had prostate cancer prior to age 65 (father, brother or son)
- African-American men aged 45 to 70
- Men aged 45-70 with one first-degree relative who has had prostate cancer prior to age 65 (father, brother or son)
Those not eligible for this screening include:
- Men who have or had prostate cancer
- Men who have prostate problems at present and/or are seeing a doctor for prostate issues
To ensure everyone’s safety at this event, men attending a screening should wear their own personal masks when they arrive. For additional protection, all patients will be given guidelines on effective hand sanitizing using our existing hand sanitizers on-site. As part of our usual routine, Riverside team members will be wearing personal protective equipment (mask, gloves and eye protection). Exam rooms will be cleaned and sanitized between each visit as well as non-clinical areas (waiting room, desks, lobbies).
Please call 1-800-520-7006 to schedule your appointment.
- Eastern Shore: May 4, 2021, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Riverside Urology Specialists Shore
20486 Market St, Onancock VA
On the campus of Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital
In compliance with COVID-19 safety, Riverside asks that media schedule interviews with Riverside medical professionals to discuss the benefits of prostate cancer screenings in men as young as 40 ahead of the events.