The Public Works team in the local area has been hard at work preparing for the upcoming summer season. Public Works staff has been focusing their efforts on Bay Ave and Mason Ave, addressing street sweeping and sand cleanup operations.
Additionally, the team has received materials necessary for alley maintenance and has organized a comprehensive job list for the upcoming week to ensure efficient operations.
Here’s a breakdown of their recent activities:
- Tree Health Assessment with Broader-Hite: The team recently met with Broader-Hite to discuss the health of trees in the park. This proactive approach highlights the team’s commitment to maintaining green spaces within the community.
- Trimming Trees During Street Sweeping: While conducting street sweeping activities, the team also took the opportunity to trim trees along the edges of the roads. This dual-tasking approach demonstrates their dedication to maximizing efficiency during routine maintenance tasks.
- Water Meter Readings Completed: The team successfully completed the reading of water meters, ensuring accurate utility billing for residents and businesses in the area.
- Renovation at Public Works Shop: Ongoing renovations at the public works shop indicate a commitment to improving infrastructure and facilities for enhanced operational capabilities.
- Brush and Yard Debris Pick-ups: Normal pick-ups of brush and yard debris were carried out, with a remarkable 9 truckloads of brush taken for recycling, totaling approximately 1530 cubic yards. Additionally, the team serviced a total of 33 municipal trash cans daily as part of their routine trash pick-up operations.