On December 14, 2016 a meeting requested by Royal Farms with VDOT and County staff took place to discuss proposed revisions to the Kiptopeke Royal Farms store in Kiptopeke, Virginia, for the purpose of coming to an agreement with VDOT and Northampton County on the entrance alterations required as a result of the adjacent property owner refusing to cooperate with an easement to construct the previously approved joint entrance on the north end of the Royal Farms site.
The following persons were in attendance:
- Melissa Kellam, Northampton County Zoning Administrator
- Spencer Murray, Chairman Northampton County Board of Supervisors
- John Andrzejewski, Northampton County Acting Administrator
- Bill Parr, Northampton County Joint Industrial Development Authority
- Jason Fowler, VDOT Land Use Engineer, Hampton Roads
- Dale Pusey, VDOT Land Use Engineer, Accomac
- Jack Whisted, Royal Farms
- Jeff Harman, Becker Morgan Group, Inc.
During this meeting, nine items of agreement were reached that related to site access and safety. According to VDOT, these agreements were consistent with the Route 13 Safety Study. It included the elimination of the center entrance, the construction of a curbed lane to be constructed between north and south entrances and other improvements and concessions to be paid for by Royal Farms.